Kojima Productions Co., Ltd. (sometimes shortened to KojiPro or KJP) is a privately held Japanese video game development studio, initially founded as a Konami subsidiary in 2005 by Hideo Kojima. In 2015, Kojima Productions temporarily disbanded following company restructuring at Konami. In December of the same year, Kojima's employment contract with Konami was officially terminated. He would then go on to re-incorporate Kojima Productions as an independent development studio. The staff count of the reformed studio is approximately 100, allowing for peak efficiency and developer coherence.
In developing Death Stranding, Kojima Productions has formed a partnership with Sony Interactive Entertainment, who will act as the publisher of the game. The studio has also worked in close liaison with Guerrilla Games, having stationed a satellite team at the Dutch studio to facilitate collaborative improvements to the Decima engine.
Company message Edit
From Sapiens to Ludens
We are Homo Ludens (Those who play).
From the moment we enter this world,
we instinctively invent ways to have "fun",
and share our inventions with those around us.
We are not asked to do this,
nor do we need reasons to create. It is simply who we are.
We find one another and compete with one another.
We laugh together and cry together; all while playing together.
Our experiences bind us and liberate us.
To share our most valuable experiences,
we create stories, invent tools, and evolve the art of play.
Play has been our ally since the dawn of civilization.
"Playing" is not simply a pastime,
it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation.
Truth be told, Homo Ludens (Those who Play) are
simultaneously Homo Faber (Those who Create).
Even if the earth were stripped
of life and reduced to a barren wasteland,
our imagination and desire
to create would persevere beyond survival,
it would provide hope that flowers may one day bloom again.
Through the invention of play, our new evolution awaits.
We are Homo Ludens. We are those who play.
- Further information: Ludens
Logo movie Edit
- Hideo Kojima has stated that the English developer Media Molecule influenced him most during Kojima Productions' reformation period.
- Though video game development is the primary focus of Kojima Productions, it is not the only creative medium the studio is interested in long-term. With a focus ultimately on digital content in general, the studio is willing to make movies, animations, and anything else in that space.
- The studio's logo is designed so it can be seen as either a medieval knight or an astronaut's helmet.
- Kojima Productions has a satellite team stationed at Guerrilla Games to further facilitate collaboration between the two studios in improving the Decima engine.
- Kojima Productions' official website
- Kojima Productions on Twitter
- Kojima Productions on YouTube
- Kojima Productions on Wikipedia
Real world people
|Cast members||Darren Jacobs • Emily O'Brien • Geoff Keighley • Guillermo del Toro • Jesse Corti • Léa Seydoux • Lindsay Wagner • Mads Mikkelsen • Margaret Qualley • Matthew Mercer • Nicolas Winding Refn • Norman Reedus • Tommie Earl Jenkins • Troy Baker|
|Developers||Hideo Kojima • Hitori Nojima • Kenichiro Imaizumi • Yoji Shinkawa|