|This article is a stub.|
It is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about a subject.
You can help Death Stranding Wiki by expanding it.
The Social Strand System encompasses Death Stranding's conceptual focus on "connection", and novel asynchronous multiplayer mode. As a consequence of this system's deep integration within the game's mechanics and philosophy, Hideo Kojima has referred to Death Stranding as being of a new genre he has coined "strand" (in addition to being of the action genre).
- On February 13, 2018, Kojima Productions registered trademarks for "Social Strand System" and "Strand Game".
- Kojima has stated that "Social Strand System" is his name for the perceived genre-defying aspects of Death Stranding, similar to his use of "Tactical Espionage Action" before the then-genre-defying aspects of Metal Gear came to be commonly categorized as the "stealth genre".
- ^ Twitter · @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN – "[...] DS is not a stealth game. [...] By incorporating with the concept of connection(strand), it's totally brand new genre called action game/strand game(social strand system)."
- ^ Twitter · @trademark_bot – "Registered trademarks (JA)"
- ^ Twitter · @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN – "[...] Calling it as Social Strand System is similar case when I called Tactical Espionage Action before it was categorized as Stealth Game."